Partner & Advisor
Matt is an attorney and CPA who specializes in income, gift and estate taxation. Matt advises a number of client families and has been a leader in the development and implementation of Gresham’s extensive estate, wealth transfer and philanthropic planning services.
As an Advisor, Matt has significant experience with multi-generational financial education programs, family conflict resolution and family business counseling. For many family businesses, Matt’s planning advice and counsel has helped limit the family’s financial risk to the business and increased assets for future generations.
Prior to joining Gresham just after it was formed in 1997, Matt worked at KPMG LLP where he advised Fortune 500 CEOs and their families.
- B.S., Accounting, University of Illinois
- J.D., Chicago-Kent College of Law
- Certified Public Accountant
- Personal Financial Specialist™
- Professional Advisory Committee, Chicago Community Trust
- Member, Chicago Estate Planning Council
- Personal Interests: Family, golf, fishing, skiing and Chicago sports teams