Partner, Chief Executive Officer & Chief Investment Officer
Ted serves as the firm’s Chief Executive Officer and Chief Investment Officer. In his role as CIO, Ted chairs Gresham’s Investment Committee and leads its Investment Team to establish investment themes and identify opportunities that fit within the firm’s unconventional investment approach. Unlike traditional investment approaches, Gresham’s success is predicated on identifying and gaining access to select managers located around the world. Ted also shapes the firm’s views and practices to overcome the limitations of commonly accepted investment principles and practices that have failed investors, particularly during the most difficult market environments. In his role as Chief Executive Officer, Ted is responsible for establishing Gresham's strategic direction and chairing its Operating Committee.
Prior to Gresham, Ted served as chief investment officer at Nuveen Asset Management where he was responsible for the firm’s investment activity. In addition to his investment responsibilities, Ted held several positions during his 16 years at Nuveen, including director of corporate strategy and development, and managing director of research and risk management.
- B.B.A., Finance and Computer Information Systems, University of Michigan
- M.B.A., Finance, Northwestern University Kellogg School of Management
- Chartered Financial Analyst®
- Member, Economic Club of Chicago
- Member, CFA® Society of Chicago
- Personal Interests: Frustrated golfer, improving backgammon player and escapist reader