Partner & Chief Wealth Strategist
Kim joined Gresham after spending many years as a practicing attorney counseling families regarding the preservation and transfer of their wealth over multiple generations. At Gresham, Kim leads the development and implementation of estate, wealth transfer, philanthropic, family education and fiduciary planning activities, and she advises clients on a variety of wealth planning matters.
During her legal career, Kim worked with clients on a wide array of entity restructuring, succession planning, trust and estate administration, asset protection and philanthropic issues. She also represented wealth owners, beneficiaries, fiduciaries and custodians in contested matters and served as counsel for the formation and operation of not-for-profit entities.
Kim speaks and writes extensively on topics related to planning for and managing multi-generational wealth. She is also co-author of the Leimberg Library Tools & Techniques of Estate Planning for Modern Families (3rd Edition, 2019).
- B.A., Psychology, Stanford University, with distinction and departmental honors
- J.D., University of Chicago Law School
- Adjunct Professor, Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law, awarded the William M. Trumbull Lectureship
- Faculty, University of Chicago Booth School of Business Executive Education
- Regent, American College of Trust and Estate Counsel
- Past-President, Chicago Estate Planning Council
- Advisory Board, UHNW Institute
- Editorial Advisory Board, Trusts & Estates Magazine
- Professional Advisory Committees: Art Institute of Chicago, Goodman Theatre, Chicago Foundation for Women, Lurie Children’s Hospital, PAWS Chicago and Chicago Community Trust